|Course completed||University||Year||Academic Excellence|
|Bachelor’s Degree- B.A.||Bangalore University||1984|
|Master’s Degree –
M.A. in History
|Bangalore University||1986||I Rank – Gold Medalist,
|Other Diploma / Certificates||UGC – NET for Lectureship||1990|
|Research Degree – M.Phil.||Bangalore University||2001|
|Research Degree – Ph.D.||Bangalore University||2005|
Awards and Citations
- Recipient of Bangalore University Gold Medal in 1986
- Recognized for Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund Award as a meritorious student in 1986.
- Winner of N.R. Chandran Memorial Award for excellence in writing by Competition Success Review, New Delhi.
- Recipient of Ms. Intellectual Award by Competition Success Review, New Delhi.
- Recipient of Ms. Super Brain Super Personality Award from Lok Sabha Speaker P.A. Sangma at the National Level Contest held by Competition Success Review, New Delhi.
- Outstanding Citizen of the Community Award by Rotary Club, Vijayanagar, Bangalore
- Kalasha Award for Vocational Excellence by Rotary West, Bangalore
- Rotary Foundation International Award by Rotary of Ilianois, USA.
- Served as Cultural Ambassador in Los Angeles, U.S.A. and raised 10,000 USD for Bangalore Rotary Vijayanagar for School bench project in 1998.
- Featured in Hindu, Indian Express, Cover page of CSR and Sudha Magazines, Asian Age, E-Naadu Newspapers.
- Conducted many programmes on AIR and also participated as resource person in Satellite Training Programme for Teachers organized by the P.U. Board, Karnataka State.
- Awarded Dr. Shivarudrappa Award for contribution to Education from among 130 Teachers from all over India at the Teachers’ Trove organized by Garden City College, Bangalore in 2011.
- Served as NAAC Coordinator
- Member of South Indian History Congress
- Member of Indian History Congress
- Resource Person for Social Sciences Talent Search Exam conducted by ISEC, Knowledge Commission, Government of Karnataka and Bangalore University.
- Subject Expert and Resource person for Edusat Programme launched by Government of Karnataka for e-content development.
Research Experience & Training
- Organised the UGC sponsored State Level Seminar on ‘Trends in Historical Writings in Karnataka’, 26th March, 2009 at The National Degree College, Jayanagar, Bangalore and also presented the Research paper – “Writings in Karnataka Temple Art”
- Contributed articles to Competition Success Review Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, Pustaka Prapancha of Mysore University, Journal of Hampi University and Research articles during South Indian History Congress and National Seminars at Madras University.
- Delivered the prestigious William Meyer Endowment Lecture at Madras University in 2011.
- Presently Working as Approved Guide of Jain University.
- Guiding 1 M.Phil. student (Portrayal of Gandhian movement in the writings after India’s Independence) and one Ph.D. Student (Political Interventions and Cultural Interactions in Karnataka, From Medieval to Colonial times).
Seminars, Conferences, Symposia and Workshops attended and Research papers presented
- South Indian History Congress – 26th session, 03-05 March,2006 organised by the Department of History, Jnanabharathi Campus, Bangalore University, Bangalore.
- Research paper – “Resort Industry in Tourism in Karnataka”.
- Research paper published in the Souvenir of the 26th session of South Indian History Congress
- Research paper – “Tourism in Karnataka
- UGC Sponsored Seminar on ‘Cultural Tourism and Life Enrichment”,08-09, March 2007, organized by Department of History and
Tourism, Rural College, Kanakapura, Bangalore Rural District.
- Research paper – “Pilgrimage Tourism, Then and Now”
- National Seminar on ‘Composite Tamil Nadu: A study in Cultural Pluralism’, 19th & 20th March 2008, organized by
The Department of Indian History, University of Madras.
- Research paper – “Cultural Pluralism and Pulsating Karnataka Tourism”
- National Seminar on ‘Prospects & Challenges of Tourism in India with special reference to Karnataka’, 29th March 2008, organized
by KLE’s S. Nijalingappa College, Department of Tourism Administration.
- Research paper – “Cultural Tourism in Karnataka”
- National Seminar on ‘Tourism in South India – Trends & Travails’ – 24th & 25th January 2006, organized
by University of Madras, Department of Indian History
- Research paper – “Trends in Tourism in Karnataka in the 20th century”
- National Seminar on ‘New Dimensions in Historiography: focus on folklore’ – 28th and 29th September 2006, organized
by the University of Madras, Department of Indian History and ICHR, New Delhi,
- Research paper – “Folk tradition and Tourism in Karnataka”
- UGC sponsored National Level Seminar on ‘Recent Regional and Cultural Studies in Karnataka History’ – 17th August, 2004, organized
by the Department of History, Maharani’s Arts College for Women, Bangalore.
- Adjudication for Re-censure and Collage Competitions at the Jain College Fission Fest Management courses held on 15-02-2008.
- Lecture in Social Science Forum, National College, Basavanagudi, Bangalore – on ‘Trends in Modern Indian Historiography’ on 8th May 2008.
- DSERT satellite training programme (Directorate State Educational Research Training Centre) organized by P.U. Board,
Karnataka – worked as Resource Person on the topics – (1) National Movement (2) Indian Renaissance. It was telecast in all the DSERT centres all over Karnataka on 23rd November 2006.
- Participated in the symposium organized by Maharani’s College, Women’s Studies Department on 8th March 2007 as part of International Women’s Day.
- Attended Karnataka History Congress in 2009 and presented the paper “Ethnological element in Karnataka Tourism in the 20th Century”
- Attended the National Seminar at BMS College on 24 and 25 of October, 2013- and presented the paper “Career Opportunities for
Women in Tourism Industry- Challenges and Prospects”.
- Attended the International Conference BoE 2014 – Bounds of Ethics in a Globalized World- January 6-9, 2014- and presented the paper
“An Ethical Approach for Development of Tourism- Need of the Hour” at Christ University in collaboration with Event Partners.
- Attended and presented a Paper at National Seminar, Maharanis College- ‘Temple Centric Traditions are reflected in the Inscriptions’ on 28th and 29th of
January, 2014 and worked as Moderator for panel discussion.
INTERDISCIPLINARY PAPERS OFFERED BY HISTORY DEPARTMENT-
- Principles of Tourism Management
- Cultural Heritage of India
RESEARCH ACTIVITY OF DR.B.R.PARINEETHA-
- In the month of September in 2013 Dr.B.R.Parineetha’s name was approved as Research Guide in History and Cultural Studies by the Dean of History and Cultural Studies, Jain University Bangalore.
- In November 2014 Mithali Sen Gupta guided by Dr.B.R.Parineetha was awarded M.Phil. Degree for her thesis “Portrayal of Gandhian Movement in writings in Post-Independence India”.
- Attended the National Seminar on “Urbanization in South India” organized by Vivekananda College, Bangalore and also presented the paper “Urbanization in South India with special reference to Tourism in Karnataka.
- Attended the UGC sponsored two-day National Seminar under the theme “Women in Service Sector- Career Opportunities and Challenges” organized by BMS College for Women, Basavangudi on 24th and 25th October 2013 and presented the research paper- “Career Opportunities for women in Tourism Industry- Prospects and Challenges”.
- Attended the International Conference- Bounds of Ethics 2014 organized by Christ University Bangalore on 6th to 9th of January 2014 and presented the Paper “An Ethical approach for development of Tourism: Need of the hour”.
- Attended the UGC sponsored National Seminar on the theme “Karnataka in the making from 5th to 17th Century” organized by Maharanis College of Arts and Commerce, Bangalore on 28th and 29th January 2014 and presented the research paper “Temple-centric traditions in Karnataka as reflected in the inscriptions”.
- Moderated the panel discussion “Women in the making of Karnataka from 5th to 17th Century” at the National seminar organized by Maharanis College of Arts and commerce on 28th and 29th January 2014 and presented the paper “Contribution of women in Karnataka to Sanskrit literature”.
- Attended the International Conference on “Material Culture” organized by Jain University Department of History and Cultural Studies from 11th to 13th April 2014.
- Attended the International conference on “India’s contribution to World Culture” organized by Maharanis College of Arts and Commerce on 27th March 2014.
- Attended the International Conference on Ancient Indian Traditions of Ayurveda, Yoga and Vedanta” organized by Karnataka Samskruta University on 10th and 11th of January 2015.
RESEARCH PAPERS PUBLISHED:
- The research paper “Career Opportunities for women in Tourism Industry- Prospects and Challenges” has been published in the Proceedings of the National Seminar- NSWSSCOC-2013 by College Book House, Jnanabharathi, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore with ISBN 978-93-819792-6-6
- The research Paper “Urbanization with special reference to trade routes and travel in South India in 18th and 19th century” has been published in the work “Facets of Urbanization” edited by Dr.M.V.Srinivas published by Manoj Publications Padmanabhanagar, Bangalore with ISBN 819206818
- The Abstract of the Research paper “An Ethical Approach for Development of Tourism: Need of the Hour” has been published in the International Conference, Bounds of Ethics, Book of Abstracts published by Christ University.
- The Abstract of the Research Paper “Temple-centric traditions as reflected in the inscriptions” has been published in the Book of Abstracts by Maharanis Arts, Commerce and Management College for women.
UGC SPONSORED TWO-DAY NATIONAL SEMINAR ORGANIZED BY HISTORY DEPARTMENT
- 22nd and 23rd August 2014- Karnataka as a Tourist Destination in historical perspective
- Keynote address by Dr.G.Venkatraman, Chairperson, University of Madras
- 37 Research papers were presented.
International Seminar on “Iconography Culture in Karnataka”
The International Seminar on “Iconography Culture in Karnataka” was organized by the Department of History on 7th September 2017. The Chief Guest, Prof. S.Gurumurthy, formerly Private Secretary to Chief Minister of Karnataka and Governor of Karnataka delivered the Inaugural Address. The Keynote address was delivered by Prof. Pierre Sylvain Filliozat, Professor of Samskrut, Member of Institute of France, Paris. He delivered a lecture on the topic “Mantra to Icon- Sadashiva” and highlighted the features of iconography of Sadashiva depicted in various sculptures in Karnataka based on the description of Sadashiva in the Mantras. The Guests of Honour for the Seminar were Mrs.Vasundhara Filliozat, Art Historian and Epigraphist and Prof. S.N. Nagaraja Reddy, The Hon. Secretary, N.E.S. of Karnataka. The Function was presided over by Dr. A.H. Rama Rao, President, N.E.S. of Karnataka. 16 Research papers were presented by eminent scholars. 89 delegates and 200 students participated in the Seminar. Some of the outstanding Resource Persons were Dr. R.H. Kulkarni, Associate Professor, College of Fine Arts, Chitrakala Parishad, Bangalore, an authority on Chalukyan Art, Dr. Manjiri Bhale Rao, Associate Professor, Tilak Maharaj University, Pune, Dr. Sudha Rani, Associate Professor, Dr.Ambedkar University, Hyderabad and Dr. Smitha Surebankar from S.V.P.College, Belgaum.