The College has an excellent library with an exclusive Reference section housed in the ground floor of the administrative block of the college. It has more than 40,000 books on different subjects. And many encyclopedias & rare books. Transactions in the library are computerized. Library is kept open from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm from Monday to Friday & 9:30 am to 2:00 pm on Saturday. The B.V.Jagadeesh Science Centre also has a library which is part of the Central library of the college. It has non technical science books & popular science journals & Magazines. Multiple copies ensure that resources are easily available for reference in the library. Trained staff is always at hand to assist students The carpet area of the Central Library occupy 3,875 sq. ft
|Sri. Girish S||M.Sc. M.Phil.||Librarian|
|Smt. Sowmya K R B.Com., M.L.I.Sc.,||Office Staff|
|Smt. Shilpa B N B.A., M.L.I.Sc.,
|Smt Susheela B K.||Office Assistant|
|Sri Nandeesh||Office Assistant|
- CD Rom’s
- Digital Library
- News papers
- Classification – Dewy Decimal Classification (DDC)
- Provision of Web OPAC Information management – Libsoft
- Circulation Management – Bar coded user cards & Books
Reservation can be done for a book, which is already lent out. Reserved books are kept separately in the circulation counter for 2 days for each member. The Reservation lapses automatically after 2 days and the next person gets the chance.
- Book Circulation Services
- Reference service
- OPAC facility
- Digital Library
- Scientific and Technical Journals
- Access and Issue of CD-ROMs
- Newspapers & General Magazines
- New Arrivals display
- Reprographic and Printer services
- Reading Hall facility
- Book reservation facility
- SC/ST Book Bank service
- Over-night (Reference Books) issue facility
Timings: Monday to Friday 9.30 AM to 5.30 PM
Saturday 9.30 AM to 2.00 PM
- Library rules The Library will be kept open from 9.30 A.M. to 5.30 P.M. from Monday to Friday and 9.30 A.M. to 2.00 P.M. on Saturday.
- Absolute Silence shall be observed inside the Library.
- The students must obtain their Fee Receipt before applying for identity card and Library card.
- ‘No Due Certificate’ from the Library should be obtained before the commencement of the annual examination.
- Students can borrow and return books from the Library on any day of the week
- The period of loan is fifteen days.
- If the borrowed book is not returned by the due date, the student will be charged Re. one per day as penal fee (including holidays) and if it is not returned within a fortnight the matter will be reported to the Principal.
- If the dues are not paid within a fortnight from the day on which they are imposed the amount will be increased by Rs.2/- per day till the payment is made, effective from the due date.
- Borrowers will be held responsible for any damages caused to the books. Marking or writing in the books with ink or pencil or tearing out pages etc. will be viewed seriously.
- It is the duty of the students to take maximum care of the library book issued to them. Before leaving the library with the books they have to point out to Librarian the damages if any. Otherwise they shall be held responsible for any damage that may be noticed later.
- Books from the reference section and periodicals will not be lent out.
- In the event of a book being lost or damaged the student who is responsibled for it shall have to replace it by a copy of the same edition or pay twice the cost of the book plus postage etc. It is left to the discretion of the authorities to impose a heavier penalty.
- The books issued can be recalled by authorities without previous notice.
- At the end of the academic year, all the books borrowed from the Library should be returned by the stipulated date and No Due Certificate obtained.
- Every reader/user shall present his/her identity card while entering the library or on demand by the Library staff
- Every reader/user entering the library should deposit their belonging at the property counter.
- Sign the register kept at the checkpoint, while entering the library.
- Show the documents, which are being taken out of the library, to the staff at the checkpoint.
- Book lost by the borrower have to be reported immediately in writing to the librarian, falling which fines will keep on accumulating, PLEASE DO NOT ASK FOR WAIVER OF FINES. Replace the book within the time Permitted.
- Loss of borrower’s card has to be reported immediately in writing.
- Each borrower is responsible for the book issued on that card, so a borrower is requested not to lend his card to others. Collect your library card without fail after returning the book from the circulation counter.
- Change of Department, Status, Address etc., to be informed and the card corrected.
- Book should be handled with great care and mutilation of book in any manner will be heavily fined
- Keep the library clean.
- Loud talking, conversations, etc, are strictly prohibited in the library.
- Use of Mobiles within the library premises is strictly prohibited.
- Use the dustbins provided in the reading area
- PLEASE MAINTAIN SILENCE