The National College, Jayanagar, Bangalore, after getting the status of Autonomy, has introduced Journalism as a study in the B.A. Course. The college desires to develop a strategic plan not only to meet the current needs of Journalism education but also to help industry professionals predict future media trends. The Department of Journalism, with a clear mission and vision, undertake this exercise of inculcating Journalism in our B.A. course and initiate an attempt to produce a group of create conscientious and courageous young Journalists to the society.
Dr. Jayasimha S an efficient and experienced professional, who has recognised as a resource person by several prestigious institutions, is leading the Department since 2008, as HOD. A prolific writer, Dr.Jayasimha S has penned several books on various topics including Public Relations and Journalism. He is also recipient of BEST TEACHER AND LIFE TIME ACHIEVEMENT Award from Garden City College, Bangalore; Peninsular PR Award from Public Relations Society of India; Kuvempu Sahithya Award, Udayabhanu Sahithya Award, Vishweshwariah Sahithya Award etc.
Undergraduate level: B.A.(Journalism)3 years: 6 semesters
Inter Disciplinary Course:
Publication of the Department:
DARPANA – News letter.
Professional Platform of the Department:
‘Journalism Students Forum`
- To introduce students to the fundamentals of Journalism. The course includes lectures, text and practical experience in the field.
- To appraise the student of all the current and contemporary aspects of the subject.
- To make the student aware of the importance of self-reliance in seeking and acquiring information.
- To make the student to think critically, creatively and independently because good media writing depends on carefully analysing situations or issues and then finding effective ways to convey meaningful information to diverse audiences.
- To enable the student to imbibe professional standards and ethical principles that guide media responsibilities.
- To master grammar, word usage and punctuation, so that writing can be ‘easily` designed.
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT:
To produce a group of creative, conscientious and courageous young Journalists.
||SHRADDHA HI PARAMA GATHIHI||
‘Dedication is the supreme path`
|Dr. Jayasimha S||M.A., M.S., Ph.D.,||Assistant Professor & H.O.D|
|Sri. Prashanth K||M.S.Communication||Assistant Professor|