Details of National and International Conference/ Seminar organized by the College
DEPARTMENT OF HISTORY:-
The Department organized the UGC sponsored Two-Day National Seminar on the theme “Karnataka as a tourist destination in historical perspective” on 22nd and 23rd August 2014.
The Key note Address was delivered by Dr.G.Venkatraman, Chairperson, Department of History, University of Madras. The esteemed Chief Guest on the occasion was Sri.B.G.Nandakumar, Commissioner, Department of Collegiate Education, Government of Karnataka. Our esteemed President of National Education Society of Karnataka, Dr.A.H.Rama Rao presided over the function.
The various other distinguished scholars and participants were-
- M.S.Krishnamurthy, Professor Emeritus, University of Mysore.
- Geetha Kannamal, Professor, University of Madras.
- E.Sudha Rani- Professor, University of Hyderabad.
- Srinivas Rao Vaddanam, University of Hyderabad.
- V.S.Ravi Kumar, Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- Smitha Surebankar- Rani Parvathi College, Belgaum.
- Sheik Masthan, Associate Professor, University of Bangalore.
- Vijayalakshmi, Associate Professor, Bangalore University.
- M.V.Usha Devi, Associate Professor, Bangalore University.
- Kiran Sampath Jadhav- Associate Professor, Pune University.
- Anuradha- Associate Professor, Maharanis College for Arts and Commerce, Bangalore.
- Charles Makhwana- Associate Professor, Maharanis College for Arts and Commerce, Bangalore.
- Shahina- Assoicate Professor, Maharanis College for Arts and Commerce, Bangalore.
The Highlight of the Seminar was that 37 Research Papers were presented and a panel discussion by distinguished resource persons and academicians.
DEPARTMENT OF KANNADA:-
UGC sponsored One-day State level Seminar on Dr G.S. Shivarudrappanavara Saahithya ” was organized on 14th October 2015. It was inaugurated by eminent litterateur Dr. Chandrashekara Kambara, Jnana Peeta Awardee and was presided over by Dr. A. H. Rama Rao, President, NES of Karnataka.
Presided over by
Dr. K.R. Ganesh
Dr. C.B. Honnu Siddartha, Dept. of Kannada, Bangalore University presented paper on “Dr. G.SS avara Kaavydalli Puraana Prathimegalu”
Prof. V. Chadrashekara Nangali, Principal, Govt. First Grade College, Malur presented paper on “Dr. GSS ravara Saahithya Meemamse”
Presided over by
Prof. Veerendra Kumar
Dr. G.R. Thippeswamy, Professor, Manasa Gangothri, Mysore Univeristy has presented paper on “Dr. GSS ravava Pravasa Kathanagala Vysistyathe”
DEPARTMENT OF ELECTRONICS:-
Organized UGC sponsored 2-day State Level Workshop was organized on 5th and 6th October 2015 on the theme “PCB Design of Electronic Circuits”. The keynote address was delivered by Mr. Venugopal, FIETE, Formerly Scientific Officer/Research, SEBARC, Trombay, Mumbai Consultant ISO 90012000.
Eminent Resource Persons:
- Sri. Gopal V Shanbhag, Senior Training Officer, NTTF, Bangalore
- Srinvas N, RAAVs Academy, Bangalore
Other Resource Persons:
- Sri. Cheluvappa, HOD of Electronics, National College, Bangalore
- Sri Mayaprasad, Lecturer, Kumarans’ PU College, Bangalore
- Sri. Bharathi Rao, HOD of Electronics, National PU College, Bangalore
DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE
Computer Science Department had organized UGC sponsored State level One day seminar on “Data Management Technologies and applications” on 9-10-2015. The seminar was inaugurated and presided by Dr. A. H. Rama Rao, President, NES of Karnataka. The keynote address was delivered by Mr. K.S.G. Shankar, Former Vice-President and Chief Quality Officer, Symphony Services Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore. Around 250 participants were enriched by the seminar.
Dr. K.C. Gowda, Scientist, CSIR – CMMACS, Bangalore presented the paper on ‘Big Data and Applications’
Mr. Abdul Qaadir, BPM, Consultant, Mindtree Ltd., US presented the paper on “Cloud Computing”
Dr. S. Balaji,Prof. of Computer Science, Jain University, Banaglore presented the paper on “Data Mining”
DEPARTMENT OF PSYCHOLOGY
Symposium and Workshop:
State level UGC sponsored symposium workshop on “Life Skills Counselling” was very successfully held on Sept. 17, 2014 to equip the students and faculty of Psychology with knowledge and skills of the ten life skills recommended by the WHO for enhancing holistic well being and quality of life. The symposium comprised of these technical sessions.
Dr. Mahendra Sharma,
HOD of Clinical Psychology, NIMHANS, Bangalore
Management of Stress and Mindfulness
Dr. Uma Hirisave
Prof. of Clinical Psychology, NIMHANS
Prof. of Psychitaric Social Work, NIMHANS
Counselling Adolescence with substance abuse problems
Prof. H.S. Ashok
Chairman, Dept. of Psychology, Bangalore University
Life-Skills for Psycho-Social competence
Dr. Rathan Isaac, Clinical Psychologist, Pvt. Practice
Ms. Vinita Shah & Ms. Manisha Sapru
Counsellors from Parivarthan Counselling Centre
Workshop on “Management of Emotions”, “Self Awareness” and “Interpersonal Relations”
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS (PG):-
U.G.C. Sponsored National Conference on ‘High Energy Physics’ conducted on 29th June to 1st July 2015
Event Name: Emerging Trends in High Energy Physics (NCHEP- 2015)
Theme: High Energy Particle Physics: LHC Collider Experiment.
Date: 29–1st July 2015
Conference Organizer’s: Department of Postgraduate Studies & Research In Physics, The National College Jayanagar Bangalore- 560070
- University Grants Commission (U.G.C)
- Indian Space Research Organization (I.S.R.O)
- Conference – Dr. H.N. Kalakshetra, The National College Jayanagar Bangalore- 560070
The conference was inaugurated by I.S.R.O Chairman Sri. A.S. Kiran Kumar and was presided by Dr .A.H. Rama Rao president, N.E.S on 29th of June 2015. The session began with a talk from Sri. Bhaskaran, Senior Scientist, I.G.C.A.R, Kalpakkam on Fast Reactors. Session 2 began with a talk on “Meson Production in N-N collisions at high energies” from Retd. Emeritus Professor Dr. G Ramachandran, Mysore University.Dr. B. Manikiam, Sir M.Visveswariah chair, Bangalore University spoke on “Research Opportunities under Indian space program” and the day ended with a scintillating talk on “Nuclear Radiation Detection & Measurement” from Dr. B.S.Seshadri National College Jayanagar.
A motivating talk on “Magnetic Resonance – How far it has reached mankind” from Dr. K.P. Ramesh, Head of Dept. Physics, IISc, Bangalore.Dr. Chethan Krishnan, High Energy Physics Dept. IISc, Bangalore has inspired all the young aspirants of theoretical physics by delivering a lecture on “An Invitation to String Theory”.
Dr. B. Rudraswamy, Professor, Department of PG Studies In Physics, Bangalore University spoke about “Overview of the Exfor compilation of nuclear reactor data in India”. Dr. Sanjeev Ganesh, Head of the Microtron center Mangalore spoke on “Energetic electrons for interdisciplinaryresearch”.
Dr.P. Raghotama Rao, Retd. ‘G’ Scientist D.R.D.O delivered a lecture on “High Energy Materials” and the day ended with a talk from Dr. N.G. Pramod, VijayaCollege Bangalore who spoke on “Structural, optical and electrical properties of Cu-doped indium oxide thin films”.
Begun with an interesting talk on “Accelerators: An applications perspective”fromDr. Keshav Murthy MSRIT, Bangalore. Shri. Mohan Ram, Senior Scientist, Nuclear power station, Kaiga spoke on “Kaiga power reactor- Health & Safety Measurements” which had indicated how well scientists have organized in managing the possibility of jeopardy in the world of nuclear power . Dr Shiva Prakash, Dept. of Physics, Bearys Institute of Technology, and Mangalore delivered a lecture on “Development of Accelerator Technology in India”. Dr Chikkappa Udagani Department of Studies and Research in Physics, Tumkur University, Tumkur spoke on “Basic concepts, Limitations and Applications of Linear and Cyclotron Accelerators”.
- Dr.Chetan Rao, PG Dept. of Physics, SDM College Ujire, spoke on “Soil to plant transfer factors for 210Pb, 226Ra, 228Ra, 40K and 137Cs”.
- Dr.R.RajaramakrishnaAsst. Professor, National College, Jayanagara, Bangalore, spoke on “Irradiation Effects on Glasses”
- Shri. Shidaling Matteppanavar, Department of Physics, JB Campus, Bangalore University spoke on “Origin of room temperature weak-ferromagnetism in antiferromagnetic Pb(Fe2/3W1/3)O3 Ceramic”
- Shri.Pavan. D. Gramapurohit Asst. Professor, National College, Jayanagara, Bangalore spoke on “Spatial & Temporal variations of the EUV coronal loop temperature as seen within solar dynamic observatory”
- Shri. Siddalingeshwara.B.P Asst. Professor, National College, Jayanagara, Bangalore spoke on “The significance of glass loaded with lead in effective shielding of high energy gamma rays”
- Shri.Abhiram. J, Asst. Professor, National College, Jayanagara, Bangalore spoke on “Rotational Dynamics of Mn+”.
The day ended with student’s session where it had been a platform for aspirants who were inspired by physics. A poster Session, which was a display contest for the effective contribution on few scientific problems by the aspirants of science, were displayed throughout the conference at BVJ Science centre along with few I.S.R.O models which showcased how well our nation can play in space.
DEPARTMENT OF PHYSICS (UG):-
An U.G.C. Sponsored Seminar was conducted on “Recent trends in Materials Science” On 26 Sep 2014
FACULTY ACTIVELY INVOLVED IN RESEARCH
The Following faculties are actively involved in research-
- Sheshadri a distinguished scholar who had served Baba Atomic Research centre has been guiding students for research in the field of Physics.
- Raja Ramakrishna of Physics PG Department
- One of the faculty member has Joined to PhD under the guidance of Dr. R. Rajaramakrishna, Assistant Professor
- Madhura of PG Mathematics Department is guiding the following students for Ph.D degree.
- Parineetha of History Department
- In the month of September 2013 Dr. B.R.Parineetha’s name was approved as Research Guide by the Dean of History and Cultural Studies of Jain University, Bangalore.
- In November 2014 Mithali Sen Gupta guided by Dr.B.R.Parineetha was awarded M.Phil. Degree for her thesis “Portrayal of Gandhian Movement in writings in Post-Independence India”.
SWETHA. D. S
Unsteady flow of a dusty fluid through different geometries in the presence of external fields.
Investigation of heat transfer on dusty fluid flow.
A numerical investigation on boundary layer flow and heat transfer of Newtonian/non-Newtonian fluids
Research Papers presented in regional / national / international conferences
- Faculty name: Dr. Madhura.K.R, Head, Department of Mathematics (PG)
- Presented a research paper on “Flow of an unsteady dusty fluid through porous media in a channel of triangular cross-section” in 19thInternational conference of Frontiers in Fluid Mechanics, Bangalore University, Bangalore, India.
- Presented a research paper on “Flow of an unsteady dusty fluid flow between horizontal moving plate and a long wavy wall” in 3rd Annual conference of Tensor Society on Differential Geometry and its Applications held on 27th and 28th May, 2011, in Department of PG studies and Research in Mathematics, Kuvempu University, Shimoga, India.
- Presented a research paper on “Thermal effect on unsteady flow of dusty fluid through porous medium” national conference on Advances in Geometry, Analysis and Fluid Mechanics held on 26th and 27th August 2014, in Department of PG studies and Research in Mathematics, Kuvempu University, Shimoga, India.
- Faculty: Dr B.R. Parineetha, Head, Dept. of History
- Presented the paper “Urbanization in South India with special reference to Tourism in Karnataka at the National Seminar on “Urbanization in South India” organized by Vivekananda College, Bangalore in 2012.
- Presented the research paper- “Career Opportunities for women in Tourism Industry- Prospects and Challenges” at the UGC sponsored two-day National Seminar under the theme “Women in Service Sector- Career Opportunities and Challenges” organized by BMS College for Women, Basavangudi on 24th and 25th October 2013.
- Presented the Paper “An Ethical approach for development of Tourism: Need of the hour” at the International Conference- Bounds of Ethics 2014 organized by Christ University Bangalore on 6th to 9th of January 2014.
- Presented the research paper “Temple-centric traditions in Karnataka as reflected in the inscriptions” at the UGC sponsored National Seminar on the theme “Karnataka in the making from 5th to 17th Century” organized by Maharanis College of Arts and Commerce, Bangalore on 28th and 29th January 2014.
- Presented the paper “Contribution of women in Karnataka to Sanskrit literature” during moderation of the panel discussion on “Women in the making of Karnataka from 5th to 17th Century” at the National seminar organized by Maharanis College of Arts and commerce on 28th and 29th January 2014.
Details of publication of the faculty:
- Dr. Raja Rama Krishna, PG Department of Physics
- “Spectroscopic properties of Sm3+– doped lanthanum borogermanate glass, Rajaramakrishna, Brian Knorr, VolkmarDierolf, R.V. Anavekar, H. Jain, Journal of Luminescence, 156(2014)192–198. ImpactFactor:2.719
- “Structure and nonlinear optical response of Au nanoparticles embedded in lead lanthanum borate glass”,Rajaramakrishna, C. Saiyasombat, R.V. Anavekar, H. Jain, Communicated to Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids 406 (2014) 107–110. ImpactFactor: 1.766
- “Nonlinear optical studies of lead lanthanum borate glass doped with Au nanoparticles”, Rajaramakrishna, SafakathKaruthedath, R.V. Anavekar, H. Jain, Journal of Non-Crystalline Solids 358 (2012) 1667–1672.ImpactFactor:1.597
- “Judd-Ofelt analysis of Sm3+ doped lead–zinc–borate glasses”, R,Lakshmikantha. N.H. Ayachit, R, R.V.Anavekar,(IJPAS), International Journal of Pure & Applied Sciences, Vol.02 No. 01, May (2013), 23-34, ISSN No. 2250-2289.
- “Optical and Radiative Properties of Nd3+- doped Lead-Tellurite-Borate Glasses”, N.B Shigihalli, Mr.R. Rajaramakrishna, Prof. R.V. Anavekar, Canadianjournal of physics, Vol.91 (2013), 322-327.
- “Characterization and structural studies of lithium doped lead zinc phosphate glass system” Lakshmikantha.R,Rajaramakrishna.R, Anavekar.R.V and Ayachit .N.H, Materials Chemistry and Physics 133 (2012) 249– 252. ImpactFactor:2.072
- “Characterization and structural studies of vanadium doped lithium-barium-phosphate glasses”, R, Rajaramakrishna.R, Anavekar.R.V and Ayachit .N.H, Canadian journal of physics (2012), Vol. 90, No. 3: pp. 235-239. ImpactFactor:0.928
- “Non-Linear Optical Studies of Barium-Borate Glass-Ceramic-Nanocomposite Containing Gold Nanoparticles”, Shivaprakash, R. Rajaramakrishna and R. V. Anavekar,Inernational Journal of Science Research (IJSR), Vol. 01, Issue 04, (2012), 519-523, ISSN No. 2277-7989.
- “Deposition and characterization of TiAlSiNnanocomposite coatings prepared by reactive pulsed direct current unbalanced magnetron sputtering”, Harish C. Barshilia, MoumitaGhosh, Shashidhara, Rajaramakrishna, K.S. Rajam, Applied Surface Science, 256 (2010) 6420–6426. ImpactFactor:1.793
Citations : 33
Avg Impact Factor : 11.803
H-index : 3
Papers published by Dr. Madhura.K.R in International Journals
- Pulsatile flow of unsteady dusty fluid through porous media in anholonomic co-ordinate system. “Proceedings of the Jangjeon Mathematical Society”, 10(2), (2007), 173-183.
- Pulsatile flow of a dusty fluid through porous media in an open rectangular channel. “International Journal of Mathematics and Computation”, CESER Publications, Vol. 5, No. D09, December 2009, pp. 61-73. ISSN – 0974-570X (Online); ISSN – 0974 5718 (Print).
- Exact solutions of unsteady dusty fluid flowthrough porous media in an open rectangular channel. “Advances in Theoretical and Applied Mechanics”, Hikari Ltd.,Vol. 2, 2009, No. 1-4, pp. 1-17. ISSN – 1313-6550.
- Flow of an unsteady dusty fluid through porous media between two parallel plates with one of the horizontal moving plate is suddenly stopped. “International Review of Physics (IREPHY)”, 4 No. 2, April 2010, pp. 61-68. ISSN – 1971-680X.
- Flow of an unsteady dusty fluid through porous media in a channel of triangular cross-section. “International Review of Physics (IREPHY)”, 4 No. 6, December 2010, pp. 315-326. ISSN – 1971-680X.
- Unsteady flow of a dusty fluid flow through porous media between annulus of two hexagonal channels. “International Journal of Applied Mathematics&Statistics,” 27, No. 3, pp. 20-38. ISSN: 0973-7545.
- Flow of an unsteady dusty fluid through porous media in a uniform pipe with sector of a circle as cross-section. “International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics”, 76 No. 1, 2012, pp. 29-47. ISSN: 1311-8080.
- Flow of an unsteady dusty fluid through porous media between a non-torsional oscillating plate and a long wavy wall. “Journal of Applied Mathematics and Fluid Mechanics”, 4 No.2, 2012, pp. 165-180. ISSN 0974-3170.
- Flow of an unsteady dusty fluid flow between horizontal moving plate and a long wavy wall.“International Review of Physics (IREPHY)”, 6 No. 1, February 2012, pp. 36-48. ISSN – 1971-680X.
- Thermal effect on unsteady flow of a dusty visco-elastic fluid between two parallel plates under different pressure gradients. “International Journal of Science and Technology”, Vol. 2 No. 2, 2013, pp. 88-99. ISSN 2227-524X.
- Flow of an unsteady conducting dusty fluid through a channel of triangular cross-section. “International Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematical Sciences”, Vol. 6 No. 3, (2013), pp. 273-298. ISSN 0972-9828.
- Study of Thermal Effect on Unsteady Flow of a Visco-Elastic Fluid under Pulsatile Pressure Gradient. “International Journal of Applied Mathematical Sciences”, Vol. 7 No. 1, 2014, pp. 15-32. ISSN 0973-0176.
- Analytical Solutions for a Dusty Fluid Flow through a Narrowing Channel in a Porous Medium. “Advances and Applications in Fluid Mechanics”, Vol. 16 No. 2, (2014), pp. 207-221. ISSN: 0973-4686.
- Numerical Scrutiny for Thermal Diffusion and Chemical Reaction on Unsteady Dusty Visco Elastic Fluid Flow in a Irregular Channel through Porous Medium. Communicated.
- Flow of an unsteady dusty fluid through a hexagonal in presence of porous medium,“International Journal of Applied Mathematics and Statistics”, Vol. 52 No. 8, (2014), pp. 2107-134. ISSN 0973/7545, CESER Publication.
Books Published by Dr. K.R. Madhura, PG Department of Mathematics
- Numerical Analysis and Linear Programming, by Dr.(Mrs.) Madhura K. R. &Raghava M, Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai, ISBN: 978-93-5051-461-0 under print..
- Business Mathematics – II, Dr.Sidnekapp S.F, Dr.(Mrs.) Madhura K. R., SachinMekkalike, Ravi M.N., Himalaya Publishing House, Mumbai, ISBN: 978-93-5142-475-8.
Books published by B.R. Geetha, Department of Computer Science
- B.R.Geetha, Discrete and Continuous-Time Kalman Filters for Computer Applications, International Journal for Computer Applications, Is page no. 102 – 108 Issue 3, Volume 1, February 2013, ISSN-2250-1797. Available on line on http://www.rspublication.com/ijca/ijca-index.htm,
- B.R.Geetha and K.V.Ramachandra A Three State Kalman Filter with Range and Range-Rate Measurements, International Journal for Computer Applications, Pp 85-101 Volume1,February 2013 ISSN-2250-1797. Available on line on
Research Papers Published by Dr. B.R. Parineetha, Dept. of History
- The research paper “Career Opportunities for women in Tourism Industry- Prospects and Challenges” has been published in the Proceedings of the National Seminar- NSWSSCOC-2013 by College Book House, Jnanabharathi, Nagarbhavi, Bangalore with ISBN 978-93-819792-6-6
- The research Paper “Urbanization with special reference to trade routes and travel in South India in 18th and 19th century” has been published in the work “Facets of Urbanization” edited by Dr.M.V.Srinivas published by Manoj Publications Padmanabhanagar, Bangalore with ISBN 819206818-8
- The Abstract of the Research paper “An Ethical Approach for Development of Tourism: Need of the Hour” has been published in the International Conference, Bounds of Ethics, Book of Abstracts published by Christ University.
The Abstract of the Research Paper “Temple-centric traditions as reflected in the inscriptions” has been published in the Book of Abstracts by Maharanis Arts, Commerce and Management College for women.